All good things come in threes! 2019 is drawing to a close, and in order to sweeten the contemplative time of the year, we are happy to inform you that the Data Science Challenge organized by Know-Center is entering its third round!
This year, we and our sponsors once again invite you to participate in this exciting challenge as teams or individuals! The sponsor line-up is top-class and will be published at the latest with the announcement of the task!
Starting with this announcement, registration is possible below! On 10.01.2020 all registered participants will receive the task descriptions as well as the necessary data records and can start. The participants can then continue working on the task until 03.02.2020 and submit their results as described in the task description.
The highlight of our challenge will be the award ceremony at the exclusive AI-Know conference in Graz in February 2020, to which the top teams will be invited to. Only there will it be announced who has emerged as the winner against the rest of the field!
We aim to offer an opportunity to all brilliant minds to compete by working on complex problems in the context of Data Science and Machine Learning. The challenge provides an excellent chance for young students in the fields of software development, computer science, telematics, applied mathematics and data science as well as motivated practitioners to demonstrate their expertise and improve their problem-solving skills. At the same time, participants can present themselves as potential candidates and future data scientists to sponsors as well as organizations.
Powered by our sponsors, we will reward attractive cash prizes to the best submissions, as well as giving you free admission and the possibility to present your solution at the AI-Know Conference in Graz in February 2020.
1st place: EUR 2.000,–
2nd place: EUR 1.200,–
3rd place: EUR 800,–
Please find below the current schedule.
All dates are to be understood as ending at 12:00 PM CET (UTC+1)
|Registration period||09.12.2019 – 20.01.2020||14|
|Work time||10.01.2020 – 02.02.2020||21|
|Intermediate turn-in (optional)||20.01.2020||–|
|Announcement of top 5 participants/teams||04.02.2020||–|
|Award Ceremony (Graz)||10.02.2020||–|
These consents are voluntary and can be withdrawn (separately), effective for the future, at any time (without stating a reason) by sending an Email to email@example.com. I have read and understood the data protection information.
We hope to inspire and motivate you to participate in our Data Science Challenge and are looking forward to share further details with you along the way. Please don’t hesitate to direct any questions regarding the Data Science Challenge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website, as well as our social media channels (Know-Center’s Facebook & Twitter), will be updated regularly. Therefore, please check them to stay up to date.
- Cash conversion of rewards is not possible.
- Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
- Any natural person having attained 18 years of age is eligible to participate. Individuals as well as teams of up to four individuals are permitted.
- Participation is possible only during the period of participation from 10.01.2020 until 02.02.2020
- Prize winners or the price winning team will be notified by the organizers via E-Mail or mail.
- Determination of the winners will be conducted by a professional jury consisting of employees of Know-Center as well as the sponsors. The awarding ceremony takes place at the AI-Know conference.
- The top five individual participants or teams will receive free admission to the AI-Know conference.
- Participation in this Data Science Challenge is free of charge.
- Employees of Know-Center as well as the sponsors are not allowed to participate.
- Know-Center hereby explicitly reserves the right to cancel the Data Science Challenge without prior notice and without stating reasons.