Senior Researcher - Postdoc in the field of Immersive Visualization
Digitalization efforts have led to massive sensor infrastructures embedded in the fabric of objects, processes and space. A growing volume of data increasingly demands the ability to access data anytime and anywhere, to be digested, often by drawing from a collective expertise before making a decision. This raises two fundamental challenges: First, current analytics tools can only offer a peephole view into the data and are not suited for situational sense-making tasks. Second, geographic separation frequently makes it infeasible for all stakeholders involved to physically participate in the tasks analysis. We are searching for a Postdoc – Senior Researcher – to lead a four year project on the topic of “Data Driven Immersive Analytics” with 6 PHDs. We will apply immersive analytics, using virtual reality and augmented reality to deliver first person analytics of digital-twins in industrial applications regardless of location.
The project is centered in the Area Knowledge Visualization and will be supervised by Univ.-Prof. Eduardo Veas.
We are searching for an ambitious researcher, enthusiastic about achieving high level of scholarship in the concerned areas of expertise. Ideally, the candidate is a communicative person able to manage networking, and eager to take the lead of a consortium with excellent research associates:
- Managing and supporting 6 PHDs in the next 4 years
- Clarifying research goals, setting targets and pushing publications
- Monitoring of the project processes and reporting
- Developing additional future project goals and adhering to them
- Acting as an interface between internal staff, external counterparts and customers
- Identifying new research opportunities and funding possibilities
- PhD in Computer or Information Science, or similar discipline
- International research profile in at least one of these areas: Virtual/Augmented reality, Visual analytics, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Biomedical Engineering
- Good organizational skills, excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Technical understanding of and interest in immersive analytics and digital twins
- Experience in leading scientific projects of advantage
- Experience in the acquisition of research projects (national and international) and industrial projects of advantage
- Knowledge of project management methods
- Fluent English (knowledge of German is of advantage)
- A unique opportunity to boost your academic career with a financed research group
- Very good work-life balance (flexible working hours)
- Working at the interface between business and science
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team and informal and stimulating working atmosphere
We are required by law to specify the minimum gross salary according to the collective agreement, which is 3,730,- Euros per month (14 times a year). However, depending on qualifications and professional experience, we are happy to pay a salary in line with the market, which may also be above the minimum gross salary specified in the collective agreement.
Download as PDF.