Senior Researcher in Open Science - Postdoc
(m/w) 38,5 h/w
Is Open Science your passion? Do you like to work in a stimulating, multicultural environment? Would you like to manage a scientific project and contribute to open science networks and initiatives?
If yes, we would like to meet you!
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher interested in Open Science. You will manage a new H2020 research project, coordinated by Know-Center, which will combine social and computational methods to study inequalities in Open Science and Responsible Research & Innovation.
You will conduct primary research into these areas, and lead the development, implementation, delivery and communication of the project. The project will start 1st October 2019, but the position could start earlier if desired.
You will work in the interdisciplinary Open and Reproducible Research Group led by Dr. Tony Ross-Hellauer, which uses evidence-based approaches to make research cultures more open, transparent and participatory through new practices and technologies. For more information, please visit: https://www.tugraz.at/institute/isds/research/groups/
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Information Science, Sociology, Computer Science or a similar discipline
- International research profile in at least one of these areas: Open Science, Bibliometrics, Computational Social Science, Science and Technology Studies
- Experience in leading scientific projects (experience as a work package leader of EU projects an advantage)
- Experience with scientific and financial project progress monitoring, evaluations and reporting
- Familiarity with one or more of: bibliometrics, data science, scientific surveys, qualitative interviews
- Fluent English (Knowledge of German is a plus)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and software tools to support project delivery
- Good organizational, communication and project management skills
- Cutting-edge projects in collaboration with national and international key players
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent work-life balance (flexible working schedule)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is €3,485 per month (14 times a year), plus a performance bonus. Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at email@example.com