Senior Infrastructure Engineer
If so, we look forward to getting to know you!
The Know-Center and ISDS (Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, TU Graz) are cooperation partners focusing on the development of data platform solutions for open-source projects. As part of our internal IT, you would actively work on and play a leading role in building and maintaining the network infrastructure for our research team and implement technological solutions.
- Inventory and needs analysis (coordination with all stakeholders)
- Expansion, support and monitoring of internal and external IT services
- Expansion, support and monitoring of the Linux server landscape and network infrastructure
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd level IT support
- Responsibility for client management, server virtualizations and HPC infrastructure
- Implementation of backup, restore and security concepts
- Close cooperation with internal (and external) project partners
- Creation and implementation of continuous integration and deployment methods for software projects
- Completed education with focus on computer science, software development, telematics or similar fields and/or several years of professional experience in this field
- Several years of experience with Linux servers (preferably Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian)
- Experience with maintenance, development, documentation of servers (preferably Linux administration) and services
- Experience with virtualization (including container virtualization) and with WebServices
- Experience with open-source software and with open-source automation tools (preferably Ansible) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, …)
- Basic knowledge with versioning tools
- Good knowledge with at least one scripting language (bash, powershell)
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language and knowledge of using CI/CD infrastructures is an advantage
- High communication and teamwork skills
- High competence in finding solutions as well as analytical and networked thinking
- Good English and German language skills
- Innovative, challenging and diverse scope of duties with access to the latest technologies
- Professional development opportunities and excellent work-life balance (flexible working hours, home office)
- Dynamic, creative and multicultural team
- Informal and stimulating work atmosphere
We are legally obligated to quote the minimum gross salary according to the collective agreement and this is € 3,094 per month (14x per year) with 3 years of professional experience for the full-time position (38.5h/W). However, depending on qualifications and professional experience, we are happy to pay a salary in line with the market, which may also be above the minimum gross salary specified in the collective agreement.
Download as PDF.