Senior Data Engineer with focus on Distributed Systems
(38,5 h/W) in Graz (m/f)
Do you enjoy working with clients? Are you a versatile, technical problem solver and would you like to try new and creative solutions? Do you like to solve exciting data management issues related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data in a stimulating, research-driven environment?
If so, we look forward to seeing you!
- Architecture design, implementation, evaluation and benchmarking of modern data management systems (Key/ Value, Document, Graph, Time Series)
- Integration of machine learning systems into an IT infrastructure (cloud systems)
- Analysis of technical requirements and solution design
- Advice to customers on technical issues
- Assistance in the Management of the Big-Data-Infrastructure of the Know-Center
- Interface to other research areas and coordination of projects
- Cooperation with partners from science and industry
- Continuing or completed studies of computer science, software development, telematics or a comparable scientific / technical degree
- Several years of relevant professional experience in one or more areas of software development, especially in large-scale distributed analytics (eg Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, HPC) and/or large-scale distributed storage systems (eg object stores such as S3 or distributed file systems like HDFS)
- Python and shell scripts, optionally R
- Interested in big data, data platforms, cloud computing and data management frameworks
- Innovative, challenging and diverse customer projects from different industrial sectors
- Varied solutions and a wide variety of project developments
- Access to the latest technologies
- Close cooperation with university research groups
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent work-life balance (flexible work plan)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
The annual gross salary with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience for this full-time position (38.5 h/w) is 50,000, – plus a performance-related bonus. There is the possibility of overpayment depending on qualification and experience is available.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at firstname.lastname@example.org!