Post Doc/ Senior Researcher
with focus on Implementing “Learning Analytics” at Technical University Graz, (Fulltime, in Graz)
Are you curious and would like to implement an innovative topic at the Technical University of Graz? Do you enjoy working in multi-cultural teams and with different research groups? If so, we would like to meet you!
We are looking for a Senior in the area of Technology-Enhanced Learning, leading the establishment of the topic “Learning Analytics” at the Technical University of Graz.
The work will be carried out within a large-scaled project Digital Education and will be linked to existing research on technology enhanced learning groups at the TU Graz and Areas of the Know-Center (Data-Driven Business: Viktoria Pammer-Schindler, Knowledge Visualization: Eduardo Veas). The position will report directly to Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stefanie Lindstaedt.
We are searching for a high communicative person, who is next to the networking part, also interested in researching and developing novel, interactive and intelligent technologies for learning, designing innovative technological concepts and developing software prototypes to implement these ideas.
In particular and in a long-term-perspective, we plan to:
- Research state-of-the-art learning analytics techniques, solutions, features and frameworks to design novel dashboards that can support academic success at TU-Graz and other Austrian Universities.
- Apply learning analytics techniques to observe and analyze learners’ behaviors and outcomes.
- Apply machine learning, predictive modeling and feedback automation technologies in order to enable feedback to learners and teachers to improve learning quality and outcomes.
- Conduct empirical experimental research to assess the effects from intermediate prototype solutions.
- University degree (MSc, DI) in computer science, software development, telematics, physics, mathematics or similar fields of study
- Experiences within the field Learning Analytics
- User-Centered Design / Requirements Analysis and Evaluation Methods
- Good knowledge of programming languages and/ or interest in learning new technologies (Python, R, Java, Matlab, web technologies)
- Solution-oriented behavior
- Teamwork, independence and a high level of communication skills
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Innovative tasks
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/w) position is EUR 3.048,- per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at firstname.lastname@example.org!