PHDs in the field of Data-Driven AI
Are you looking for a paid PHD in Data Science? You are inquisitive, you like to work independently but also as part of a team? You want to make an important scientific contribution? If so, we are looking forward to meeting you!
As part of the DDAI Comet module (explainable, verifiable and privacy-preserving data-driven AI) we have 9 PHDs to assign for all 6 Areas (Data-Driven-Busines, Data Management, Data Security, Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Visualization and Social Computing).
The presence of large amounts of data as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches are increasingly influencing business decisions. The use of the potential of AI is limited by the fact that in the enterprise environment many data are confidential and competition-relevant and therefore they cannot be shared with business partners. But this is essential for the transformation of processes along the value chain. That’s why businesses and end-users need methods and tools to share confidential and private data without exposing each other.
The research program aims to achieve data protection and verification methods in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) by linking machine learning methods with cryptographic methods. Also, methods from “Visual Analytics”, “Adaptive Reflection Guidance for Learning” and “Recommender Systems” will be used.
The focus for the PHDs lies in the development of a theoretical basis for reliable artificial intelligence algorithms, which can be explained and verified. With partners from the business world as well as from the research you develop methods and algorithms for a safe AI, which enables the company partners to collect data, to develop and share common AI models.
- University degree (MSc, DI) in computer science, software development, telematics, physics, mathematics or similar fields of study
- Initial experience in programming, data analysis, data security, etc. advantageous
- Experience in scientific work is an advantage
- Good knowledge of programming languages and/or interest in learning new ones (Java, Python, Matlab, Web technologies)
- Solution-oriented behavior
- Teamwork, independence and a high level of communication skills
- Very good English, German of advantage
- Comprehensive support for your dissertation project at Graz University of Technology
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Innovative tasks
- Research at the interface between science and business
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Very good work-life balance and informal and good working atmosphere