PHD / Researcher in Business Model Innovation
We are looking for a doctoral student who is interested in business model innovation in correlation with modern computer technologies (e.g. data analytics).
As part of this employment, you will primarily be working on an EU Research Project that aims to develop innovative software services and functionalities to enable the sustainable operation of open science platforms. In close cooperation with the international project partners, you will develop a multi-actor business model and a utilization plan for this new platform.
You will work with scientific methods and publish your work at conferences and journals in the areas of information systems, business model innovation and open science.
- Scientific work: Theory-based and systematic work, whereby the achieved results must be valid and reproducible
- Business Model Innovation: Iterative development, testing and evaluation of platform business models in the area of open science and further development of tools and methods
- Open Science: Evaluation of Open Science Technologies, both in experiments and in field studies
- Project Management: Active participation in relevant project management activities
- University degree in business informatics, information science, software development economy, industrial engineering, economics or similar studies
- Basics in Business Model Innovation and design of technical systems
- First experiences in scientific work (first publications) are of advantage
- Ability to work in a team, independence and a high degree of communication skills
- Very good English skills
- Comprehensive support for your dissertation project, depending on the background supervision by professors from the Doctoral School of Computer Science at Graz University of Technology or by professors from the scientific partner network of the Know-Center
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- Innovative tasks
- Working at the interface between business and science
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
The gross salary for this half-time-time job (20 h/w) is 1.426,05,- EUR per month (14 times per year). The willingness to overpay depends on experience and qualifications.
Job posting available as PDF.