PhD in Technology-Enhanced Learning in Graz
We are looking for a PhD student in the area of Technology-Enhanced Learning, who is interested in researching and developing novel, interactive and intelligent technologies for workplace learning, designing innovative technological concepts and developing software prototypes to implement these ideas. In particular, we plan to:
- Stimulate reflection on curated learning materials and reflection.
- Apply machine learning and natural language processing technologies in order to enable reflection guidance technology.to provide feedback or even to converse with the learners (educational chatbot technology).
We currently have multiple positions available, with various research foci in the above broad area. The work will be carried out in Viktoria Pammer-Schindler’s team and linked to existing research on computer-mediated reflection in this group.
The dissertation will be supervised at the Doctoral School of Computer Science of Graz University of Technology by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stefanie Lindstaedt, Ass.-Prof. Dr. Viktoria Pammer-Schindler.
- Scientific work: Theory-based and systematic work with valid and reproducible results.
- User-Centered Design: Understanding how people work, generating and discarding ideas together with others, prototyping and evaluating various technology concepts. Evaluating technology in both experimental and field studies.
- Technology Development: Designing, developing and evaluating technology.
- Project management: You may be required to contribute to project management in research projects.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software development, telematics or similar fields
- Good knowledge of programming languages (Java, Python, Web technologies)
- User-Centered Design / Requirements Analysis
- Evaluation methods
- Teamwork, independence and excellent communication skills
- Excellent English
This position typically requires a computer science background. However, we may consider candidates with a background in educational sciences or related fields if they have basic programming skills and are willing to expand their knowledge in order to make scientific contributions to the overall research goals of our projects.
- An opportunity to obtain a PhD at Graz Technical University
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Innovative tasks: we perform research and development at the interface between science and industry
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/w) position is €2,750 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at firstname.lastname@example.org!