PHD in Interactive Intelligent Systems
Are you inquisitive and would like to make a scientific contribution? Do you enjoy working in a research-oriented environment and multi-cultural teams? Are you enthusiastic about creating compelling visual experiences? Are you able to create working prototypes and meticulous about improving them?
If so, we’d like to meet you!
We are looking for a PhD student in the area of Knowledge Visualization who is interested in information visualization, interaction design and machine learning methods applied to both the data and the interface to optimize the interactions. In this context, you will work on the development of Interactive Machine Learning system applied in the medical domain. The aim of the system is to construct data models in the textual form and to use them for decision-making support. To improve and validate the developed model, the system requires an interface that promotes interaction with the human.
The Knowledge Visualization team works in close cooperation with Know-Center’s research groups specializing in Social Computing, Data-Driven Business and Knowledge Discovery. This gives you a unique opportunity to be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers in leading fields.
The successful candidate will work within a project led by Dr. Eduardo Veas.
- Visual Analytics
- Data Science
- Text Analytics and Text Mining
- Interactive Machine Learning
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing
- Master’s degree in computer science, software development, telematics or similar fields
- Excellent background in HCI or information visualization
- Teamwork ability
- Independent workstyle
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good in English
- An opportunity to obtain a PhD at Graz Technical University
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Innovative tasks: we perform research and development at the interface between science and industry
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent good work-life balance (flexible time arrangement)
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is €2,750 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at email@example.com!