DevOps Engineer in Data Science – Backend
If yes, we would like to meet you!
As part of a research team you would work in several national Projects with the focus on “Integrated Data Management”. The Know-Center and the ISDS (Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, TU Graz) are cooperative partners within these open-source projects with the focus on the Deployment of Data Platform solutions.
- Deployment of solutions based on open source technology using Docker/Kubernetes
- Implementation and deployment of additional services and enhancements to existing open source solutions for HPC (e.g. HT Condor, SGE, Slurm) and Data Management (iRODS)
- Containerization of research applications using Docker and Singularity
- Sharing knowledge and best-practices through technical documentation
- Observing high internal development standards
- Ongoing or completed education with a focus on software development
- Experience in maintaining, developing and documenting software
- Experience in backend development and HPC
- Experience working with and contributing to open source software projects of advantage
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in teams and with end users
- Communicating technical needs and issues to non-IT staff
- High motivation and willingness to take responsibility
- High degree of solution competence
- Analytical and networked thinking
- Fluent English
- Innovative, challenging and diverse tasks in multiple domains and within various projects
- Access to the latest technologies
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent work-life balance (flexible working schedule)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is € 3,048 (3 years experiences) per month (14 times a year), plus a performance bonus. Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.