Big Data Administrator
If so, we look forward to getting to know you!
Together with the Graz University of Technology (Institute of Interactive Systems and Data Science), the Know-Center is a cooperation partner in many international and national projects.
In the role as Big Data Administrator (f/m/d) you would work on projects in the area of “integrated data management”, accompany the development of data platform solutions within our open-source projects as well as maintain and further develop the Big Data infrastructure of the Know-Center.
- Administration of the internal Big Data (Apache Hadoop, Spark) and ML infrastructure (GPU server).
- Implement and provide additional services and extensions to existing open-source solutions for HPC (e.g. HT Condor, SGE, Slurm) and data management (iRODS).
- Containerization of applications using Docker, Kubernetes and Singularity.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices through technical documentation
- Completed education with a focus on computer science, software development, telematics, or similar field and/or several years of work experience in this field
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with distributed systems, especially with Big Data and/or HPC an advantage
- Experience with open-source software and with open-source automation tools (preferably Ansible) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (bash, powershell)
- High communication and teamwork skills
- High motivation and sense of responsibility
- Analytical and networked thinking
- Good English and German language skills
- Versatile and innovative work assignments with access to the latest technologies and research
- Professional development opportunities and a dynamic, creative and multicultural team
- Home office possibilities and flexible working hours
- Very good transport connections and canteen
We are legally obliged to quote the minimum gross salary according to the collective agreement and this is € 3,094 per month (14x per year) with 3 years of professional experience for the full-time position (38.5h/W). However, depending on qualifications and professional experience, we are happy to pay a salary in line with the market, which may also be above the minimum gross salary specified in the collective agreement.
Download as PDF.