Researcher – PhD Candidate in the field of Immersive Analytics Embodied Interaction
Digitalization efforts have led to massive sensor infrastructures embedded in the fabric of objects, processes and space. A growing volume of data increasingly demands the ability to access data anytime and anywhere, to be digested, often by drawing from a collective expertise before making a decision. This raises two fundamental challenges: First, current analytics tools can only offer a peephole view into the data and are not suited for situational sense-making tasks. Second, geographic separation frequently makes it infeasible for all stakeholders involved to physically participate in the tasks analysis. We are searching for a PhD Candidate – Researcher – to join a research team of 6 people working on “Data Driven Immersive Analytics“. We will apply immersive analytics, using virtual reality and augmented reality to deliver first person analytics of digital-twins in industrial applications regardless of location.
The project is centered in the Area Knowledge Visualization and will be supervised by Univ.-Prof. Eduardo Veas.
We are currently searching for a PhD candidate in the area of Immersive Analytics. As part of our team, you will investigate methods for embodied interaction with visual augmentations that re-define how people interact with the digital world. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team working in areas of immersive visualization, digital twin data, embodied interaction, wearable displays, wearable sensors, machine learning, user experience and perceptual psychology.
Within our research team, you will explore, prototype and experiment with the concept of embodiment using wearable augmented displays and augmented visualizations to enhance human perception towards the digital world. The goal is to reach a degree where interacting with immersive data visualizations feel as an extension of the human natural interaction in space. You will design the experience using novel wearable technology, and investigate the implications it has in the users’ understanding of the data, the real-world and the entities therein.
This is your chance to make the work of fiction a reality of the future.
- Master’s degree in Computer or Information Science, or similar discipline
- Solid background in one of the following areas and willingness to work on the others: Virtual/Augmented reality, Visual analytics, Computer Graphics, Visualization, Unity programming, Python
- Technical understanding of and interest in immersive analytics and digital twins
- Ability to work independently, think out of the box, thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments
- Ability to work as part of a team, offer advice and receive feedback
- Excellent communication skills in English (knowledge of German is of advantage)
- A unique opportunity for a financed research group
- Very good work-life balance (flexible working hours)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team and informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is € 2,971,50 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Download as PDF.