WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT
After last year’s resounding success of our first ever Data Science Challenge, we are proud to announce that this year, we are going for another round!
The Know-Center is organizing its second Data Science Challenge! Jointly organized with our partner AVL we invite students and experts to once again compete as teams or individuals in this exciting challenge in the field of Data Science!
Starting with this announcement the registration will be possible at the registration page up until 8th October 2018. At this point, all registered participants will receive the task descriptions as well as the necessary datasets. The competitors will then be able to work on the Data Science task up until 29th October 2018 when they will have to turn in their results as described in the task description.
The highlight of our challenge will be the award ceremony at this year’s EBDVF 2018 conference in Vienna.
We aim to offer an opportunity to all brilliant minds to compete by working on complex, data-centered solutions in the context of Data Science and Machine Learning. The challenge provides an excellent chance for young students in the fields of software development, computer science, telematics, applied mathematics and data science as well as motivated practitioners to demonstrate their expertise and improve their problem-solving skills. At the same time, participants can present themselves as potential candidate and future data scientist to sponsors as well as organizations.
Powered by our sponsors, we will reward attractive cash prizes to the best submissions, as well as giving you free admission and the possibility to present your solution at the EBDVF 2018 conference.
1st place: EUR 1.200,–
2nd place: EUR 800,–
3rd place: EUR 500,–
Please find below the current schedule.
All dates are to be understood as ending at 12:00 PM CET (UTC+1)
|Registration period||24.09.2018 –||08.10.2018||14|
|Work time||08.10.2018 –||29.10.2018||21|
|Intermediate turn-in (optional)||15.10.2018||–|
|Announcement of top 5 participants/teams||30.10.2018||–|
|Award Ceremony (EBDVF 2018, Vienna)||12.11.2018|
Registration is closed
These consents are voluntary and can be withdrawn (separately), effective for the future, at any time (without stating a reason) by sending an Email to email@example.com. I have read and understood the data protection information.
We hope to inspire and motivate you to participate in our Data Science Challenge and are looking forward to share further details with you along the way. Please don’t hesitate to direct any questions regarding the Data Science Challenge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Cash conversion of rewards is not possible.
- Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
- Any natural person having attained 18 years of age is eligible to participate. Individuals as well as teams of up to four individuals are permitted.
- Participation is possible only during the period of participation from 24th September 2018 up until 29th October 2018.
- Prize winners or the price winning team will be notified by the organizers via E-Mail or mail.
- Determination of the winners will be conducted by a professional jury consisting of employees of Know-Center as well as AVL. The awarding ceremony takes place at the EBDVF 2018 conference.
- The top five individual participants or teams will receive free admission to the EBDVF 2018 conference.
- Participation in this Data Science Challenge is free of charge.
- Employees of Know-Center, AVL as well as all other sponsors are not allowed to participate.
- Know-Center hereby explicitly reserves the right to cancel the Data Science Challenge without prior notice and without stating reasons.