PHD: Human-Computer Interaction and NLP
We are looking for a PhD student at the interface between Human-Computer Interaction and Natural Language Processing. A combination of these two very demanding and complementary fields of research create an exciting challenge and scientific inspiration.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and evaluating a Digital Workspace in a use case, which should support complex learning and knowledge management. The core functionality of Digital Workspace is the analysis of written texts (Natural Language Processing) via machine learning methods and user-centered design. The Digital Workspace will be evaluated both experimentally and in field studies in terms of usability, acceptability and impact on work processes and organization (Human-Computer Interaction – Designing Interactive Systems). The knowledge gained should not only be theoretical but also applicable in an industrial context.
The dissertation will be supervised at the Doctoral School of Computer Science of Graz University of Technology by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stefanie Lindstaedt, Ass.-Prof. Dr. Viktoria Pammer-Schindler and Dr. Roman Kern.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software development, telematics or similar fields
- Good knowledge of programming languages (Java, Python, Web technologies)
- Machine Learning
- User-Centered Design / Requirements Analysis
- Evaluation methods
- Teamwork, independence and a high level of communication skills
- Excellent English
- Scientific work
- User-Centered Design
- Natural Language Analysis
- Technology concepts
- Understanding and improving algorithms
- An opportunity to obtain a PhD at Graz Technical University
- No obligation to teach courses
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Flexible working time and optimal conditions for personal work-life balance
- Pleasant, informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is €2,750 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at email@example.com