PhD with Focus on Deep Learning in Graz
We are looking for a motivated PhD student with a strong interest in data analysis and a focus on Machine/Deep Learning algorithms.
Together with our cooperation partners from academia and industry, we work on innovative topics related to Machine/Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence. This entails projects within which we attempt to generate comprehensive added value in the form of new knowledge based on the existing data sets.
As a member of the interdisciplinary Knowledge Discovery team you will participate in many exciting research projects. Right from the start, you can actively help to shape the projects in order to answer the scientific questions using the most creative solutions. You will apply various mathematical and statistical tools and solve particular problems based on your knowledge and experience. In terms of applied research, you will develop new Machine/Deep Learning approaches to create significant benefits for our R & D partners.
- A completed university degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Telematics, Mathematics, Statistics or similar scientific/technical fields
- Experience in analysis and modelling
- Good knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Good knowledge of programming and script languages, e.g., Python , Java and R
- Team spirit, independence and excellent communication skills
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- Deep Learning and other Machine Learning methods
- Scientific work
- Open Source, new technologies and frameworks
- Distributed systems, e.g., Hadoop
- Software development and project management
- An opportunity to obtain a PhD at Graz Technical University
- No obligation to teach courses
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Flexible working time and optimal conditions for personal work-life balance
- Pleasant, informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is €2,750 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at email@example.com