(m/w), 38.5 h/w (Part-Time Possible)
Are you studying computer science, mathematics or a related technical discipline and would like to work on exciting topics using the latest technology? Do you like challenging topics and find brilliant solutions? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
We work in the area of digital transformation of the manufacturing industry. Under the title Industry 4.0, traditional production processes can be optimized in data-driven ways. This includes predictive maintenance, condition-based monitoring, root cause analysis and much more. The underlying data vary dramatically in terms of kind, origin and quantity.
You will actively be involved in many exciting projects in a variety of industrial applications, from semiconductor to automotive and pharmaceutical manufacturing. From the start, you can actively shape the project and the solution path, as well as the goal. Each project is based on data and specific questions, but the path to a solution can be designed creatively. Your task is to understand data in various forms and bring them into formats that our data scientists require for developing machine learning and other algorithms. This way, you can actively participate in projects from the very beginning and learn from others. You and your team decide how we deal with the data, how to process them and what technologies to use to achieve the goal together with our company partner. There is much room to play!
- ongoing studies of or completed degree in computer science or comparable qualification
- good knowledge of programming and scripting languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
- enthusiasm, team spirit and independence
- ability to ask the right questions until the problem is properly understood
- curiosity and interest in open-source, new technologies and frameworks
- knowledge of Python / Pandas and Apache Spark & PySpark
- basic knowledge of analytic tools, such as Mathlab or R
- challenging topics to explore together with well-known company partners from our consortium in the automotive industry, semiconductor manufacturing, the media industry, etc.
- collaboration with top experts in the field of machine learning, search technologies, computer linguistics and artificial intelligence
- diverse computing environments: GPU clusters, Apache Hadoop clusters, workstations, etc.
- excellent career prospects: both scientific and industrial career paths are possible
- young, dynamic, muli-cultural and creative team
- nice, informal and stimulating working environment
- on the job training, professional and personal development
- under our collective agreement, the minimum full-time gross salary for this position is 1,722 Euro (ongoing studies) or 2.215 Euro (completed degree) per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.