PHD STUDENT IN THE AREA OF Knowledge Discovery & Data Science
We are looking for a PhD student who is interested in data analysis and data-driven projects. This includes projects that involve generating added value based on the existing data, e.g., creating new knowledge based on such data. This approach is enhanced by additional knowledge of the respective domain. To that end, the knowledge of mathematics and statistics is required, as well as experience in the field of machine learning. Software development skills are also of advantage.
The successful candidate will be a part of the interdisciplinary Knowledge Discovery team led by Dr. Roman Kern. Knowledge Discovery brings together a number of disciplines: Information Retrieval (search technologies), Natural Language Processing (computer linguistics), Machine Learning (learning & optimization methods) and data science. The candidate will participate in a number of projects, both purely scientific and industry-related. For more information, please visit http://www.know-center.tugraz.at/forschung/bereiche/knowledge-discovery/
- A university-level degree in computer science, information science, telematics, mathematics, etc.
- Knowledge of programming (Java, Python, …)
- Knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Fluent English, written and spoken. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- scientifc work
- software development and project management
- an opportunity to obtain a PdD at the Graz University of Technology
- excellent career prospects: both scientific and technical career paths are possible
- young, dynamic, creative team
- informal and stimulating working environment
- on the job training, professional and personal development
- under our collective agreement, the minimum full-time gross salary for this position is 2,332 Euros per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.