Junior Researcher in the field of OPEN SCIENCE
The successful candidate will work in the emerging field of Open Science. His/her responsibilities will include developing innovative software for researchers and projects within which Open Science platforms, tools and methods are scientifically studied. These tasks require web programming and data analysis skills, as well as experience with scientific work. The candidate will be part of the interdisciplinary Social Computing Team led by Dr. Elisabeth Lex. Our goal is to make the resources of the digital age useful for people. The Open Science thematic field is headed by Dr. Tony Ross-Hellauer. The candidate will participate in various purely scientific and industry-related projects. For more information about our Social Computing Team please visit:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, software development, telematics or similar studies
- Experience in web development
- Fluent English, oral and written. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- Knowledge in the fields of bibliometrics and data science or experience with social science studies is a plus
- Open Science and its instruments (Open Access, Open Data, Open Methodology, etc.)
- Digital science and interdisciplinary cooperation Development of open source web applications
- Contribution to research on scholarly communications, literature reviews, reports and publications
- If desired, an opportunity to complete a Master’s thesis or a Master’s project
- Young, creative team
- Innovative tasks: we perform research and development at the interface between science and industry
- Pleasant working environment
- Excellent career prospects, both scientific and technical career paths are possible
- Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this position is 893 Euro (full-time 1,722 Euro) per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.