Big Data Systems Engineer in Graz
Is technology your passion? Would you like to work on exciting IT topics in a research-oriented environment using the latest technologies? Are you familiar with or would like to learn about distributed systems, cloud computing and large (real-time) data processing? Would you like to be a part of diverse, highly-skilled and multi-cultural team? If yes, we would like to meet you!
Together with our partners from academia and industry, we work on innovative topics related to data-driven business and big data analytics. This requires a corresponding IT infrastructure. Together with your colleagues from Big Data Lab, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing Know-Center’s big data infrastructure. You will provide support related to data management and the use of infrastructure to the research areas of Know-Center. Ongoing market observations and expanding your expertise in big data technologies and platforms will allow you to advise our R & D partners.
- Ongoing or completed course of IT-studies
- Linux server und scripting know-how (Python)
- Team spirit, communication skills and independence
- Solid knowledge of English
- Experience in Big Data Technologies (Apache Hadoop, Storm, Spark, NoSQL), Cloud Computing (MS Azure, AWs,…) and/or IT security is of advantage
- Open Source, new technologies and frameworks in the fields of Big Data und Data Analytics
- IT infrastructure administration
- Distributed systems, e.g., Hadoop
- Cloud computing
- Innovative tasks at the interface between industry and applied science
- On-the-job training to bring you up to speed with your new work tasks
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Flexible working time and optimal conditions for personal work-life balance
- Pleasant, informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Under our collective agreement, the minimum gross salary for this full-time (38.5 h/W) position is €2,393 per month (14 times a year). Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Job posting available as PDF.
We are looking forward to your application at email@example.com